Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thank goodness my house did not burn down.

You never think that you will ever come close to your house burning down.
Well we came as close as I ever want to be.
Last week I started smelling this horrible odor in the kitchen and hall, I thought maybe something fell towards the back of the pantry like potato or sweet potato. I searched and found nothing, checked the Fridge.. nothing. Opened all the hallway cupboards , but nothing smelled like the hall or kitchen.
OK so I went to work Thursday and and when I came home the smell was horrible, I even asked my husband "do you think something died under the house"... got no reply there, apparently he wasn't concerned..

Friday  morning I took the trash can outside before I left for work ( I thought to myself, its a little better).
Well when I got home it was bad..
So a little bit later the T.V. started turning off and on like someone was sitting on the remote, but they weren't.
We looked behind the T.V. and the power cord  was burned,  only 2 prongs were left!!!  OK really scary because my grandsons bed is in the next room on the same wall!! and the house could of easily  burned down while we were at work.
My husband and his son checked all the outlets and my husband fixed everything Saturday morning.

Thanks goodness there were a few signs that something was wrong and we are going to be checking the outlets more often now...

No comments:

Post a Comment